Zum Inhalt springen
Qries Qries Qries Qries Qries Qries

Empfohlene Beiträge

Asking about the name of mummy

Dear Sir,

Based on the picture at

http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/mummies/home.html

http://www.ancientegypt.co.uk/mummies/images/ginger.jpg

or at http://ibadet.net/misawa/Pharao2.jpg, would you like to help me answering my questions?

<ahttp://ibadet.net/misawa/Pharao2.jpg width= 362 height= 255 >

My questions are:

1. Who is the name of the mummy? Ramses II ?

2. Is it usual or unusual position? It seems that his position was kneel

down not laying down.

3. What was the name of Firawn at Musa era? Maniphtah?

Looking forward to receiving your favourable response.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Budhi Prasetyo

Dear Sir,

I´ll try to answer your questions,

1. Ramses II

2. The real position was kneel down. It was like the position when

Muslims pray.

3. The name of Firawn at Musa era was Ramses II.

The Muslims believe, that the person on the picture is Firawn Ramses II,

who is described in the Koran, Yunus, 92!

We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts

followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with

the flood, he said: I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the

Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in

Islam). Yunus - 90

(It was said to him:) Ah now! but a little while before, wast thou in

rebellion! and thou didst mischief (and violence)! Yunus - 91

This day shall We save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a Sign to

those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless

of Our Signs! - Yunus - 92

I hope, I could help you.

Sincerely yours,

Cemil Sahinöz

www.misawa.de

Dear Mr Cemil Sahinöz,

Thank you for your answer. But based on the following information I got from internet, they said that the Firwan who pursued Musa

AS was Merneptah, the 13rd son of Ramses II. Please check the sites below.

http://www.secker.fsbusiness.co.uk/merneptah.htm

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/4363/egypt/eg_cairo.html

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10208b.htm

http://mlivo.hypermart.net/1e-astronomy.htm#10U92

What do you think?

Looking forward to receiving your favourable response,

Best wishes,

Budhi Prasetyo

Dear Prasetyo,

I´m sorry for my delay. My study works keep me from answering your questions.

From Qur´an we know, how the Firawn at Musa AS era died. The picture in London

shows us, that the facts in the Qur´an about Firawns Death are correct.

And my sources tell me, that the Firawn at that picture is Ramses II.

Ramses II reigned from 1279-1212 BC.

Merneptah reignes form 1212-1202 B.C.

Mernephtah was the son of Ramses II. They reigned one after the other, so that we can´t

exclude confusions. But my knowledge about the Firawns is not sufficient.

Hope, I could help you.

Best wishes,

cemil

• 2 Monate später...

The Pharaoh

A third point of comparison, which is extremely significant, is the story of Moses, and especially the Exodus from Egypt of the Hebrews. Here I can only give a highly compressed account of a study on this subject that appears in my book. I have noted the points where the Biblical and Qur'anic narrations agree and disagree, and I have found points where the two texts complement each other in a very useful way.

Among the many hypotheses, concerning the historical time-frame occupied by the Exodus in the history of the pharaohs, I have concluded that the most likely is the theory which makes Merneptah, Ramesses II's successor, the pharaoh of the Exodus. The comparison of the data contained in the Scriptures with archeological evidence strongly supports this hypothesis. I am pleased to be able to say that the Biblical narration contributes weighty evidence leading us to situate Moses in the history of the pharaohs. Moses was probably born during the reign of Ramesses II. Biblical data. are therefore of considerable historical value in the story of Moses. A medical study of the mummy of Merneptah has yielded further useful information on the possible causes of this pharaoh's death. The fact that we possess the mummy of this pharaoh is one of paramount importance. The Bible records that pharaoh was engulfed in the sea, but does not give any details as to what subsequently became of his corpse. The Qur'an, in chapter Yoonus, notes that the body of the pharaoh would be saved from the waters:

Today I will save your dead body so that you may be a sign for those who come after you. Qur'an, 10:92

A medical examination of this mummy, has, shown that the body could not have stayed in the water for long, because it does not show signs of deterioration due to prolonged submersion. Here again, the comparison between the narration in the Qur'an and the data provided by modern knowledge does not give rise to the

slightest objection from a scientific point of view.

Such points of agreement are characteristic of the Qur'anic revelation. But, are we throwing the Judeo-Christian revelation into discredit and depriving it of all its intrinsic value by stressing the faults as seen from a scientific point of view? I think not because the criticism is not aimed at the text as a whole, but only at certain passages. There are parts of the Bible which have an undoubted historical value. I have shown that in my book, The Bible, The Qur'an and Science, where I discuss passages which enable us to locate Moses in time.

The main causes which brought about such differences as arise from the comparison between the Holy Scriptures and modern knowledge is known to modern scholars. The Old Testament constitutes a collection of literary works produced in the course of roughly nine centuries and which has undergone many alterations.

The part played by men in the actual composition of the texts of the Bible is quite considerable.

The Qur'anic revelation, on the other hand, has a history which is radically different. As we have already seen, from the moment it was first commto humans, it was learnt by heart and written down during Muhammad's own lifetime. It is thanks to this fact that the Qur'an does not pose any problem of authenticity.

A totally objective examination of the Qur'an, in the light of modern knowledge, leads us to recognize the agreement between the two, as has already been noted on repeated occasions throughout this presentation.

It makes us deem it quite unthinkable for a man of Muhammad's time to have been the author of such statements, on account of the state of knowledge in his day. Such considerations are part of what gives the Qur'anic revelation its unique place among religious and non-religious texts, and forces the impartial scientist to admit his inability to provide an explanation based solely upon materialistic reasoning.

Such facts as I have had the pleasure of exposing to you here, appear to represent a genuine challenge to human explanation leaving only one alternative: the Qur'an is undoubtedly a revelation from God.

MODERN SCIENCE

By Dr. Maurice Bucaille

Edited by Dr. A. A. B. Philips

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...